At the Law Office of Ghenadie Rusu, we provide expert legal assistance and guidance for individuals seeking Temporary Protected Status (TPS) in the United States. TPS is a temporary immigration benefit granted to eligible individuals from certain countries that are experiencing ongoing armed conflict, natural disasters, or other extraordinary conditions that make it unsafe for their nationals to return.
Benefits of TPS:
- Protection from Deportation: TPS provides temporary relief from deportation or removal proceedings, allowing individuals to remain lawfully in the United States during the designated TPS period.
- Employment Authorization: TPS beneficiaries are eligible to obtain employment authorization documents (EADs) which allow them to legally work in the United States during the designated TPS period.
- Travel Authorization: TPS beneficiaries may also apply for travel authorization, known as advance parole, which permits them to travel outside the United States and return without losing their TPS status.
Eligibility for TPS:
To be eligible for Temporary Protected Status, individuals must meet certain criteria, including:
- Nationality: The individual must be a national of a country designated for TPS by the U.S. government.
- Continuous Residence: The individual must have continuously resided in the United States since the designated TPS start date for their country.
- Timely Filing: The individual must submit their TPS application during the designated registration period or meet specific requirements for late filing.
- Good Moral Character: TPS applicants must demonstrate good moral character and not have committed certain criminal offenses.
- Other Specific Requirements: Each TPS designation has unique requirements that must be met, such as age restrictions or specific arrival dates.
The application process for TPS involves submitting the necessary forms, supporting documentation, and filing fees to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). It is essential to ensure accuracy and completeness in the application to maximize the chances of a successful outcome.
If you believe you may be eligible for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) or need assistance with any immigration matter, contact the Law Office of Ghenadie Rusu today. Our compassionate and knowledgeable team is ready to provide you with professional legal representation and guide you toward a successful outcome. Schedule a consultation to discuss your options and secure your immigration status with confidence.