+1 (347) 907-1248

Mo-Fri 9am-6pm

140 Broadway 46th 4615,
New York, NY 10005

  • Homepage
  • How to Convert an E2 Visa to Green Card? 2024 Step by Step Guide

How to Convert an E2 Visa to Green Card? 2024 Step by Step Guide

How to Convert an E2 Visa to Green Card? - Law Office of Ghenadie Rusu

E2 visa holders, it’s time to chalk out your path to permanent residency! The process of transitioning from an E2 visa to green card may feel knotty, but with our 2024 step-by-step guide, we’ll help steer you through the maze. Holders of the E-2 visa can, under certain circumstances, elevate themselves to be green card holders.

How to Convert an E2 Visa to Green Card?

E2 Visa to Green Card? Step by Step Complete Guide | Law Office of Ghenadie Rusu
Image Source: immi-usa.com

Check your Eligibility

The starting block of your journey from E2 to green card is determining if you’re eligible for a transition. There are stark differences between an E2 visa and a green card concerning their requirements and privileges. A comprehensive consultation with a qualified immigration attorney at the Law Office of Ghenadie Rusu will help identify if you meet the requirements pivotal for eligibility.

Choose the Best Green Card Category for You

Being an E2 visa holder, several paths lay ahead of you to pursue your E2 visa green card dream. Our expert attorneys will guide you to select the most applicable green card category including, Employment-Based Green Cards (EB-1, EB-2, EB-3), Family-Based Green Cards, or the esteemed Green Card Lottery known as the Diversity Visa. Get Legal Advice Now to understand which category suits you best.

Prepare and Submit your Application

Once you’re certain about the green card category that fits your circumstances, the subsequent step for your transition from E2 visa to green card would involve the preparation and submission of appropriate petition forms. These forms may appear daunting, laden with legal jargon – but don’t worry, we can help. To ensure you are filling out the paperwork correctly, Book a Free Case Evaluation with our experienced legal team.

Attend Appointments and Interviews

After submission, it’s time to mark your calendar with important appointments. Biometrics collection, followed possibly by an interview with an immigration officer, are crucial steps in securing your E2 green card.

Await a Decision

On the successful completion of all steps, you enter the waiting phase. During this time, you may receive a direct decision or requests for further documentation or additional interviews. We will provide expert guidance every step of the way, helping to make the process as smooth as possible.

So, are you ready to convert your E2 Visa to Green Card? Get started by Booking a Free Case Evaluation or Calling (347) 907-1248 today to find the best legal solution for your immigration journey!

Read More: EB-1 Green Card Processing Time in NYC


Can E2 visa be converted to green card?

Absolutely, converting an E2 visa to a green card is possible contingent upon specific qualifying factors. You must apply for and get approved for an immigrant classification.

How long can I stay in the US after my E2 visa expires?

After your E2 visa expires, it is ideal to file the E-2 visa extension before the I-94 expires. If you file the extension before your I-94 expires then you can still work for 240 days pending the decision whereas if you file after the expiration you can stay only 40 days pending the decision.

What are the benefits of US E2 visa?

Some of the benefits are:

  • No minimum amount of capital for investment.
  • The investment does not have to be cash.
  • Ability to travel freely to and from the United States.
  • Unlimited renewals or extensions, potentially for the rest of an applicant’s life.
  • The ability for a spouse to work in the US for any employer.

Can you live in the US with an E2 visa?

Yes, E2 visa holders are allows an individual to live in the United States and work as well

What is the age limit for E2 visa?

The age limit of E2 Visa is under 21 years of age.



You might also enjoy

+1 (347) 907-1248

Mo-Fri 9am-6pm

Schedule a Consultation!

Fill out the form below and our lawyer will call you back